When you sign up, you can:
- Save your favorite machines
- Rate machines
- Upvote helpful comments
The Hammer N2-35 is the newest bandsaw made by the Felder Group. It is much cheaper than the existing N3800 and N4400, making it a very interesting machine for home shops. It is already available for order, and delivery starts January 2020.
If the quality is on the same level of other Hammer machines, it will make a strong competitor for other bandsaws in this price range, like the Record Power S350.
The low price can be a bit deceptive though, because it doesn’t include things like blades, the stand, miter gauge, and even the power plug needs to be added. The stand increases the overall price by about 15%, and is basically box made of sheet metal bolted together as shown in this video.
It is quite small, with 350mm cast aluminium flywheels, and a maximum cutting capacity of 235mm. However, there is a definitely a market for machines of this size, proven by for example the enduring popularity of small Inca and Kity bandsaws.
With 100kgs the N2-35 is quite heavy for such a small machine, which suggests Hammer has used high quality materials. This still leads to the question what other aspects they saved costs on to result in such a large price difference with the N3800.
- Price can be deceptive, because many accessories are not included in the base price
- Unclear what Hammer has saved costs on to make it this affordable
- New machine, so no proven track record
- Very good price for a Hammer machine
- Good size for home shops
- Available directly from the Felder’s online shop
- Heavy for such a small machine